Saturday, April 17, 2010

4/17/2010 - Monty Python

I remember going into the Navy. I started hearing rumblings of this comedy group, an older group, that was very quotable and pretty funny. Definitely strange. I kept hearing about this "Monty Python". So I started to look for it around. My first introduction to them was Life of Brian. Very strange indeed. Very funny though. Not knowing about the 1980 controversy of the original movie within the church, I caught the humor, the sarcasm and the biting bits directed at those who follow someone blindly. I thought it was hilarious.
This, of course, led to the Holy Grail of comedy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Then to the TV show. Then Meaning of Life, then running very quickly from that back to the show. It wasn't too long until I started quoting Monty Python lines with answers to pretty much any situation thrown my way. What should we have for breakfast? How about some Spam?
I ended up buying most of the Monty Python stuff I could find on VHS and DVD. Although the TV Show on DVD has always been just out of reach price wise. My favorite of the lot, though, was Monty Python at the Hollywood Bowl. The group shine in front of a live audience.
So, today's song is about that cross-dressing manly man, the Lumberjack Song. He's ok.

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.