Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/6/10 - The Parkside Boys

Do I dare use the words, "Super Bowl" on my blog for fear that the NFL will google those words and find my page and force blogger to shut me down for copyright infringement so that the man keeps the demented man down again? I'm not really using "Super Bowl" as an advertisement but as a statement of the "Big Game" coming up tomorrow that I will enjoy watching and others will enjoy waiting for the commercials. I've seen people run into the room for the commercials, which is funny to me. The one time where people want to fast forward through the game to get to the commercials on TIVO.

Well, in this SUPER BOWL EVE edition of Dementia Song of the Day is an oldie. It's older than I am. It's older than my parents. It's almost as old as my grandpa. It is sung by the "Parkside Boys", apparently written by Tom Picker, and orchestrated by Eddie Paul and the Paramount Orchestra. It is called, "I Fell Asleep at the Football Game." I bet you won't see the camera panning around at the SUPERBOWL and finding people asleep tomorrow unless it's late in the fourth quarter, the score is 90-12 and the person sleeping is 2 1/2 years old. Then, I don't think the 2 year old will be thinking of his girlfriend at home.

So, here's "I Fell Asleep at the Football Game":


Lyrics
I fell asleep at the football game
and dreamed sweet dreams of you
while 50,000 people were cheering their team
High up in the grandstand I was having a dream
I don't know who won the victory
It's all the same to me
While they yelled, "Varsity, don't let them through"
There was I, fast asleep, dreaming of you
And if it hadn't begun to rain
I'd still be sleeping at the football game.

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.