Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12/2/09 - The Muppets

With the success of the Muppets' version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" the other day, it made me wish for simpler days of the Muppets singing great songs, having a great show, and making great movies. Right now, it looks like the Muppets have been relegated to doing youtube videos. They do remind me of old skits on the Muppet Show, and if the things they do continue to go viral, maybe Disney will see how popular the Muppets still are.
So, through all that, it reminded me of one of the albums that defined my Christmas every year growing up, John Denver and the Muppets Christmas album, "A Christmas Together." I grew up listening to that record and have since bought the CD numerous time. Now I have them all as MP3's on my computer so it is all good. I absolutely love this CD. It is one of the reasons that I truly love the Christmas season.
Today's song is "Christmas is Coming." It is a traditional song that Miss Piggy does the lead on, then other Muppets come and join her on the round -- featuring Gonzo. This is probably my favorite song off the album and it is definitely my oldest daughter's. Of course, she says, "If you haven't got a "Hah" penny" not really knowing what a halfpenny - or 'ha'penny' is.
Here's "Christmas is Coming" by Miss Piggy and the Muppets.



Lyrics
Christmas is coming,
The geese are getting fat,
Please put a penny
In the old man's hat.
If you haven't got a penny,
A ha'penny will do,
If you haven't got a ha'penny,
Then God bless you.

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.