Sunday, December 27, 2009

12/27/09 - Below Average Dave

I changed my mind.

Since there are 5 days left in the New Year, I decided I wanted to post my 5 favorite songs from this year. There is nothing scientific about this. It's just what I like.

I featured this song as my first song of the day in retro on August 24th. That was before I had the song of the day idea but believe I posted it as a #MusicMonday suggestion. This song is "I Verbed a Noun" and is BA Dave parodying "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry, talking about how Everyone has parodied this song, sometimes funny, sometimes just plain weird. It's really a social commentary about the over-parodyization of some songs as happens to some which are really easy to do.

Apparently, a lot of people agree with me as this song is still in the Dementia Top 20 for 26 weeks now, #9 this week.

(NUMBER 5): Here is Below Average Dave with "I Verbed a Noun"



Lyrics
This song's not hard to understand
Each You Tube session
and so I gaze
pen in hand
What an obsession
Parody
Well there's two?
and there's six-hundred more
Guess this song's not taboo
No comprehension

We've heard the song, but she faked it
She prefers the taste of man spit
It's been lampooned more than most hits
and from the look, it will not quit
Peed in the Pool,
I kissed a guy,
Found two about getting high,
I kicked a nerd and Jeff liked it
He liked it!

The video was rather tame
Girls were all scattered
She don't kiss any, ain't that lame
This song's just chatter
That's 'cause Kate's
into dudes
Got rich by playing gay
Addicted to this tune
Why do I crave?

I kissed Grandma, that's disgusting
So's the one 'bout food hustling
I hit a girl, someone's singing
I hope he's just mud slinging
Some kiss a pig
Some kiss a cat
and one who picked up dog scat
He tebagged Frank in a hard hat
In a hard hat

This song's been hit by boys and girls
Quick hit, Lyrics, Give it a whirl
Some titles make me want to hurl
To simple, to pass up
It is alright, it deserves it.

On Mad-TV they had hit it
It almost looked like it was legit
I kissed Yo Girl, sounds arrogant
But that dude managed to rap it!
One about frogs
One about school
and Big Mac's make some kid drool
I took this song and I trashed it
I trashed it!

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.