Sunday, December 6, 2009

12/6/09 - The Leader and the Lemming

Today is the Festival of St. Nicolas so I thought I'd find a song specifically about St. Nick. Well, not really, but it is a boy's realization of him.

This song is called, "St. Nick's Prank" and about a boy who hung his stocking on December 5th expecting candy. Let me just say, let kids be kids! Don't give them an apple when they're expecting a snicker bar! Hang on, I have to go give my kids some tofu.

Ok, back. "The Leader and the Lemming" is made up of a guy named Ben from Green Bay, Wisconsin. Looking through his other bands, he is a frisbee golfer and his journey to learn how to play the acoustic guitar is pretty much chronicled on his soundclick band pages (http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=pepbandspirit). Apparently, if you need a guitarist in Green Bay or Lacrosse, Wisconsin, look up Ben.

Again, this song, "St. Nick's Prank":




Lyrics
I believed for a while
it had to be true
but how well I remember that day
I couldn't tell you

December fifth
stockings up
lots of candy
if I'm in luck

woke up that day
ready to pack
all my choclate into my
nap sack

I went to school
without any lute
but where's my candy
I got fruit

My mother, she's too healthy
My mother, she's too healthy
She didn't give any candy to me
She didn't give any candy to me - because
My mother, she's too healthy
My mother, she's too healthy

When I got back home
I told her what I thought
St. Nick's not real
'cause look at what he brought

She laughed for a minute
then I knew
I was right
and it was true

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.