Sunday, January 10, 2010

1/10/10 - Mystery Meat

I've never been a real big fan of metal, speed metal or especially death metal. Now if you follow Kobi LaCroix on Twitter, he posted a link to his brother singing, "I'm A Little Tea Pot" in death metal voice on youtube, but that's about the extent.
I guess I don't think comedy music would work very well with the growl and unintelligible lyrics of most metal music. Comedy music depends on the words more than most other genres because if you can't understand it, how are you going to laugh with it?
That being said, Mystery Meat has a pretty good blend of metal music with words you can understand. For a metal purist, this would probably be bad since there is no metal growl. For a comedy listener, though, it helps get to the message of the song and find some comedy there.
This song is called, "I'll Be Park Ranger In The Forest of Your Heart." It took me a couple of listens to get it but I like the nonsense of it. Have a listen:



This would be easier if they included lyrics.

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.