Monday, January 18, 2010

1/18/10 - Charles Tyler

A couple of things today.

1. Happy birthday Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Thanks for standing up for peace in the face of violence and living the beatitude, 'blessed are the peacemakers.'

2. This is song post 100. As a special treat, I'm going to post a song as the song of the day.

So, today's song of the day is about one of my biggest vices too - spending money when it is in my pocket (or sometimes when it is in my bank account.) Sometimes it's like water flowing through a colander.

Charles Tyler, a 60 year old singer/songwriter from Sydney, Australia, tells about his struggles from birth to his future visit with St. Peter in this song, "Hole in my Pocket". And no, Lyza never makes an appearance. Enjoy.



Find Charles Tyler on his soundclick.

Lyrics
When I was just a little boy my daddy gave me pocket money
Tried to teach me how to save it for those rainy days
But it wasn't very long till the truth began to dawn
That money and me were going separate ways

I'd go out in the morning with a pocketful of dollars
And come home in the evening with nothing at all
When daddy got angry I said "Daddy don't shout
I've got a hole in my pocket where the money runs out!"

Hole in my pocket - won't somebody tell me where the money goes
Hole in my pocket - I keep on asking but nobody knows

At the age of twenty-one I was spending on seduction
Pretending to be rich I landed a spouse
So of course there was divorce and financial destruction
I got the legal bills and she got the house

I was so depressed I went to talk to my accountant
To see what he could do to get me back in the black
He looked at me and sighed and said "I can't break your drought
You've got a hole in your pocket where the money runs out!"

Show me the money - I'll show you how to make it disappear
Give me a million - in no time at all there'll be nothing there!

They say it's harder for a rich man to find the way to heaven
So I guess it should be easier for someone like me
But I've got a bad feeling when I reach the pearly gates
St Peter will be standing there denying me the key

He'll say "What did you do with all that money that we gave you?
We need an explanation why you ended up broke"
I'll say "Peter, please give me the benefit of the doubt
I've got a hole in my pocket where the money runs out!"

Hole in my pocket - won't somebody tell me where the money goes
Hole in my pocket - I keep on asking but nobody knows - nobody knows

I've got a hole in my pocket where the money runs out!

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.