Saturday, March 20, 2010

3/20/10 - Paul and Storm

Back to the NCAA tournament. A little bit of history. In 2006, a small college in DC took the basketball loving world on a Cinderella story. It beat perennial powerhouse Michigan State in the first round, then another powerhouse, North Carolina, in the second. In the third 11th seed George Mason beat Wichita State, another Cinderella, and finally had to face off against #1 seed Connecticut, the favorite of the tournament to win the whole thing.
Well, I will let Paul and Storm explain what happened in that game. Here's Paul and Storm with their song, "George Mason":



Yes, the song is actually bleeped.

To keep with the Cinderella thing, let me say, GO OHIO! I usually hate you but I love underdogs :)

Lyrics
In old Philadelphia, the Founding Fathers met
Because our country didn’t have a Constitution yet
Many of the framers would go on to greater fame
One was a Virginian; Mason was his name

In Seventeen and Ninety-One, George Mason led the fight
That led to the adoption of our nation’s Bill of Rights
They named a college after himin 1972
And they beat UConn on Sunday and ****ed me in the pool

**** George Mason
**** George Mason
**** him and the horse that drove him in

He fought for the assertion of the common rights of Man
But the ****ers won the game, and now I’m almost out a grand
He may have been a patriot, a hero from the past
But if I ever see him, I’ll kick his ****ing ass

**** George Mason
**** George Mason
**** him and the horse that drove him in

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.