Thursday, March 4, 2010

3/4/10 - Medemia

I recently saw a story about the Lamar Advertising agency (if you ever pay attention to billboards, their name is on the bottom of half of them) deciding to not put the original advertisement for Avenue Q up on bus stop posters in Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is the headquarters for both the Air Force Academy and Focus on the Family. Not wanting to offend the locals, they decided that it would be best not to have a close-up of puppet cleavage gracing these advertisements and changed it to one of the faces of another Avenue Q puppet. Smart advertisement agency in my opinion knowing the local fan base.
But this got me thinking about a reason why puppet cleavage may be offensive. Sure, it is a representation of the sexualization of our children, since puppets are only for kids (huh?) But more importantly, it feeds the hunger that some have for puppets deep down in places they don't want to talk about. This song is called, "Puppet Love". All the voices are done by me -- my puppet voice repertoire. I'd like to thank Dave AuJus from the Mad Music Archive for giving me some tips on how to make it sound better -- I am very happy with the puppet voices. Now to work on the normal one :)

So, "Puppet Love" by... Me.


Lyrics
Puppet love
Want me some brown felt Or feathers Or fur
Wear low cut blouses But don’t need a skirt

Puppet love
Yeah
Oh I don’t know
Why I must stare
It’s your button nose
Or your yarn hair
No legs in sight
No puppet thongs
That I can find

(Chorus set) Blue

Oh I can’t wait
This much is true
To get my hand
Inside of you
I’ll move your mouth
Must keep lip synch
Don’t get it wrong

(Chorus Set) Pink

Puppet Love
Puppet Love
Puppet Love
Looking for Prairie Or Piggy Or Orm

Some Zoe Some Cindy

Don’t even bother
To tell my mom
This is my love
My dream
Control you forever
When I maneuver
Your arm rods

Puppet love
Want me some green felt Or feathers Or fur
Puppet Love
Wear low cut blouses But don’t need a skirt

Gimme some Cookie Some Ernie Some Fozzie
Puppet Love
Give me some Abby Gnu Gary Roary
Give me some Maddie Dilly Dally Harvey
Give me some Gracie Some Whizzy Some Bert
Some Henrietta, Some Big Bird, Some Bert
Some Howdie Doodie, Some Oscar, Some Bert
Puppet Love

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.