Saturday, March 27, 2010

3/27/10 - The Vestibules

I mentioned a couple of other people's favorite dementia songs of all time. I guess this could be considered one of mine. I have always been a fan of quick lyrics, quick wit and funny puns in the middle of songs because, well, I can't do it too well. My lazy tongue is my curse :)
Well, looking at it, this 'song' doesn't really have quick wit, fast lyrics but is full of fun. It is The Vestibules (formerly known as Radio Free Vestibule) and their skit, "Bulbous Bouffant". I was looking around for a version of this song to share and found this one done by a family at their annual lip sync contest. They do a great job lip syncing the skit. I hope you enjoy it.

Lyrics
1 Hi
2 Hello
1 Are you waiting for the bus?
2 Uh, yes I am, actually.
1 Hm...I notice you are not wearing any... goloshes.
2 Um, no I'm not.. It's, uh, sunny out. Uh, no need for golashes.
1 I'm wearing... goloshes.
2 Hm...
1 Goloshes.
2 uh huh.
1 Did you read the paper today?
2 Uh, no I didn't have the chance.
1 Did you read the thing about the Eskimos?
2 No.
1 Well, the article was saying that the Eskimos will eat the fat from the whale.
2 Oh, yeah.
1 Do you know what that's called?
2 Uh, no, I don't.
1 Blubber.
2 Ah, right.
1 Blubber!
2 Yeah... Blubber.
1 That's what it's called.
2 mm-hmm.
1 Blubber.
2 Right.
1 The Eskimos eat the blubber.
2 uh huh.
1 And the Blubber will come from different kinds of whales, you know.
2 Oh, yeah.
1 Sometimes it will come from a... Baluga whale!
2 uh huh.
1 Baloooga!
2 Right.
1 heh heh... They don't wear... goloshes.
2 Who? The whales?
1 No! The Eskimos.
2 Oh, no, that's right, they don't.
1 They wear Mocklocks!
2 Ah hah!
1 Mocklocks!
2 That's right... Mocklocks...
1 Mooockloooocks.
2 Yeah, mocklocks.
1 Say it again.
2 Mocklock
1 Say it louder.
2 MOCKLOCKS!
1 Good, eh?
2 Yeah, it is a good one. I didn't wanna say it, but I like it.
1 Say say say Goloshes.
2 Goloshes.
1 It's good, eh?
2 Yeah, it's good.
1 Goloshes!
2 GOLOSHES!
1 Balooga!
2 Balooga!
1 Blubberblubberblubber/2 Blubber/1 Mocklock/2 blubber...
3 Uh... Excuse me? Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt whatever it was you were doing there.
2 Uh. It's ok.
3 ok. I just wanted to know if this is where the bus stops.
2 Yeah! Yeah. It should be here any minute, actually.
3 Oh, I see. Sorry to disturb you.
2 It's ok. We were just, uh, ...
1 Sir?
3 Yes?
1 Psssst!
3 Yeah?
1 Look over there.
3 Across the street?
1 Yeah! Yeah. Yeah.
3 mm-hmm?
1 See that lady?
3 Yes?
1 What kind of hairstyle does she have?
3 Uh... that looks like a Bouffant.
1 Yes! A Bouffant.
3 Yes. A Bouffant.
2 Uh. Actually, I couldn't help, uh, noticing that myself. It's sort of what you might call a... Bulbous Bouffant.
3 Yes. A bulbous Bouffant.
1 Bulbous Bouffant.
3 Bouffant.
1 Blubber!
2 Golashes!
1 Mocklocks.
Bulbous Bouffant.
1 Mocklockmocklock
3 hmm. Macadamia.
1&2 OH!!!
3 Macadamia.
1 Gazeeboh!
2 Bulbous Bouffant!
3 Macadamia
1 Gazeeboooh!
2 Bulbous Bouffant.
3 Macadamia

... good luck with this part... heh heh...

Bus!

2 ah! Here comes the bus...
3 Oh, yeah.
1 Good.

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.