Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3/24/10 - Tom Lehrer

I asked the other day what people's favorite dementia song was. This was Bad Kitty's favorite that is featured today.
One of the fathers of the modern dementia movement is Tom Lehrer. Someone I was talking to recently mentioned that most people were listening to Tom Lehrer before they realized who Tom Lehrer was because of his work on the Electric Company. My first song I heard of Lehrer, besides "L-Y" and "Silent E", was "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park." Macabre to the point of lunacy marks many of his songs, including Bad Kitty's favorite.
Here is her favorite, "I Holy Your Hand in Mine". Enjoy:



Lyrics
I hold your hand in mine, dear,
I press it to my lips.
I take a healthy bite
From your dainty fingertips.

My joy would be complete, dear,
If you were only here,
But still I keep your hand
As a precious souvenir.

The night you died I cut it off.
I really don't know why.
For now each time I kiss it
I get bloodstains on my tie.

I'm sorry now I killed you,
For our love was something fine,
And till they come to get me
I shall hold your hand in mine.

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.