Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11/11/09 - Wayne Landes

Ok, with today being Veterans Day, I went more serious today.  And it helps that Wayne is a friend of mine.  This is Wayne Landes.  Wayne is a funny guy.  He has a good stage presence.  He is tall, large, and strong. He always wears shirts with the sleeves torn off (except in this video apparently.)

Wayne is a Christian Country singer with a couple of national CD releases.  This song isn't currently on one of his CD's though.  It's called "Thanks For Being There" -- this is not a dementia song but a good tribute song to our troops thanking them for their sacrifices and wishing them home soon.

So, for Veteran's Day -- "Thanks For Being There" by Wayne Landes



LYRICS


I know you’re busy doin’ an important job but if you’ve got a moment to spare, there’s something on my heart that I’ve just got to share, you need to know how much I appreciate you and that I really care, I just want to say thanks for bein’ there

Chorus

When the call went out you answered the call, left family, friends, and home to give your all, I think about you and I say a prayer, I thank God for you, thanks for bein’ there

2nd verse

I may not know you but I’m proud of you and the difference you make, I’d like to shake your hand even give you a hug for the chances your willing to take, but if I never meet you face to face this one thing I can share, withal my heart thanks for bein’ there

Chorus

Bridge

You are the brave in this land of the free, and if in God we trust we can continue to be, take care of yourselves and each other too, America’s greatest resource is you, and though we need you there now we need you here too

Chorus

Tag ending

I think about you and I say a prayer, may God richly bless you thanks for bein’ there

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.