Saturday, November 14, 2009

11/14/09 - Max DeGroot

Ah, the joys of the holiday season.  The cooler weather - I live in Southern California so there is no snow - the fist fights in Toys-R-Us, the road rage in the parking lots, and Christmas Carols blaring over the speakers starting November 1st (if not earlier.)  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, and Christmas Carols, but there are certain ones that get played waaaaay too much and way to often.  Reminds me of when I worked for KB Outlet 2 years ago for Christmas.  The Christmas loop was not long enough!

Which brings me to Max DeGroot.  Max is pretty new on the dementia scene but has made a pretty good impact this year.  He has a number of songs that have hit the Dementia Top 20 charts, including Obama! which hit #1 just recently.  He has been quite prolific lately too, introducing a song nearly every week as of late.  And, he seems to be a pretty cool guy who loves to make music, is funny, and is furry.

This song is "Please Not Again", a parody of "Feliz Navidad" commenting on the frequency factor of songs being played over mall speakers.  Hope you enjoy it.




LYRICS

Please not again
Please not again
Please not again
I heard this song just an hour ago (x2)

I had enough Jose Feliciano
I had enough Jose Feliciano
I had enough Jose Feliciano to last me the rest of my life (x2)

(Repeat until you puke Halloween candy)

-----

You can catch Max DeGroot on Soundclick and the 61.  He also posts frequently on the Mad Music Archive and makes almost nightly appearances in the Dementia Radio chat room on IRC server Ef-Net, channel #dementia.  Get to know Max DeGroot.  He'll be around for a while.

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.