Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11/17/09 - Bad Plumbing

Alright. After starting this blog complaining about not being able to embed a song, I found how to do it for a song that can be downloaded. For those that can't, I have to still do some research.

Anyway, today's song is by Bad Plumbing. It is called, "Hannibal's Song" and it is about a crazy guy and his world view. Very strange song.

Bad Plumbing is a guy (playing multiple instruments) from Birmingham, England. He describes his band as, "Old, sad and decrepit, Bad Plumbing are the rock, pop, reggae and bilge musical inspiraton of the future ... well maybe not. Started playing for free beer in Birmingham, England way back in the last century. Never "made it" mostly due to drunkeness and a lack of talent. Still going strong despite desperate pleas to give up."

So, I hope you enjoy this song.




You can find Bad Plumping on it's website, Bad Plumbing, it's Garageband Site and on ilike.com.

Lyrics:
I like sponge, do you like it to?
It's not sharp, but what can I do?
They took my axe, my cleaver too,
They put me here for the benefit of you.
I hear the voices coming out of the bog,
I hear the aliens on the planet Zog,
We take our medicine, It makes me smile,
They've got a lot on me in their big red file.

I like my jacket, my padded room too,
I like the daisies and chopping things in two.

Listen to the voices, they talk to me.
On Monday they told me to be a tree,
Yesterday, my name was Jake,
But today, I am a pancake.
I don't know why you fight fuss,
I don't get stressed, 'cause I am a bus,
I drive around, my fairy land,
I tear things apart with my bear hands.
I like my jacket, my padded room too,
I like the daisies and chopping things in two.
My little fairy, sings songs to me,
She does a little twirl, she's so pretty,
She tells me to do the things that I do,
I first found her, while I was sniffing glue.
I don't get angry, not anymore,
I banged my head, against the door,
And when they came to see, what it's about
I ate them up and that's when I got out.

I got no jacket, no padded room too,
I can smell the daisies, chop things up in two.

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.