Friday, November 20, 2009

11/21/09 - Cosmos II

Ultimate revenge?  I don't know if this is it, but a change of fortune always seems like divine justice.

Cosmos II is a Alan Marsher from Boston, MA.  Apparently, he is a professor from Boston University.  I do wonder if this song is based off of a true story.  It is a song of a nerd going back to his High School reunion, no longer as a helpless nerd, but as a successful man envied by his peers.  I'm sure this is the dream of every nerd in high school today who has been picked on numerous times by his more stylish classmates.

So, presenting Cosmos II with, "Nerd With an Attitude."



Lyrics
At the high school reunion
I had a real strange union
of my latent fears with my pride
She used to be a cutey,
a real high school beauty
with a handsome jock right by her side
The homecoming queen
would never be seen
with a nerdy science geek like me
Now she's no longer comely,
in fact she's plump and homely,
looks at least 10 years older than me

She says I remember you,
I thought you were so uncool,
you acted way too smart in school
I see you're now successful,
but my life's just a mess full
of broken dreams with men so cruel
She said "let's get out of here,
I know a quiet bar that's near,
we can talk and take the rest from there"
I didn't know quite what to say,
I had no easy getaway,
my old resentment caused me to say

"Well, you really must be joking
or that cigarette you're smoking
has emptied what little was in your head
Now I know that Cupid
is really pretty stupid,
why don't you just go drop dead?
I don't mean to be rude,
and it might seem crude,
but I'm really not in the mood
If my opinion be known,
I think you've reaped what you've sown,
you're the source of sorrow that has grown
I'll put it another way so I won't be misconstrued,
I think you're being lewd,
it's not 'cause I'm a prude
I'm just a nerd...with an attitude!
You're worst nightmare has come true,
and *I* am snubbing *you*!
'Cause I'm a nerd...yes,
I'm a nerd...no, I'm a *former* nerd
A former nerd...with an attitude!"

Followers

Search This Blog

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.